NZ Bomb Comp is a family friendly, alcohol free event.
Waitangi Weekend, 4 - 6th February 2017.
Wharewaka Point Reserve, Taupo.
Sat 4th: 10am - 7pm. Sun 5th: 10am - 9pm. Mon 6th: 10am - 6pm.
Click here for info.
Early Bird Passes - 'UNLIMITED BOMBS'
- These passes are discounted, have 'Jump The Line' status and get you UNLIMITED BOMBS. Jump the Line enables you to to avoid long queues and gets you to the front quickly. Limited numbers available. Child 14 & under.
General Admission Passes
- A LARGE variety of passes will be available during the event starting from $5.
Registrations for the Comp
- Click Comp Register at the top of the page for all the info.
- Multiple divisions.
- Huge prizes.
- Entry fee apply.
- After you've purchased your pass share the link on Facebook and if your friends buy a pass you'll receive a partial refund on your pass.
- NZ Bomb Comp are working hard to get the Giant Swing approved, one more approval to go.... its looking good!
- During the event there will be an on site security & medical team.
- Identification could be requested if you look older than 14 and you've purchased a Childs pass.
- NZ Bomb Comp Rules must be followed at all times otherwise you risk loosing your ticket.
- Leave your food at home. Food vendors will be onsite all weekend providing delicious kai. See list of vendors below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I've purchased my pass online where do I pick it up from?
Bring your I.D, receipt or email on your phone to the NZ Bomb Comp Tent during the event and our staff will give you a Wristband.
Do I get a refund if I have left over Bombs or Giant Swings on my Wristband?
No. It's up to you to make sure you make the most of the day/s.
I only want to do a Bomb or two and maybe try the Giant Swing?
Great, there's a variety of options to purchase on the day.
Can I come and watch the event for free?
Are we able to bring alcohol to Wharewaka reserve? Wharewaka reserve will be an alcohol free area from Friday 3rd of Feb till Tuesday the 7th. Anyone found to have alcohol will have it confiscated by security. Please respect this
Got more questions?
Contact us personally.
NZ Bomb Comp will uphold health and safety standards creating a safe place for Bombers to bomb. Our goal is zero harm and we'd be wrapped if all attendants could support this aim.
There will be a medic and first response team onsite, however NZ Bomb Comp is not responsible for patrolling the beaches outside the event lane ropes and markers so please take care and look out for one another. Children must be supervised by an adult and if you are not a confident swimmer we suggest taking extra caution or remain with someone who is. Wharewaka beach gets very deep very quick.
Anyone found to be intoxicated or misbehaving in anyway will be requested to leave the reserve area. The reserve will be patrolled throughout the weekend and this will be increased during Flochella.
Top the weekend off with some great food from our vendors.
- Island Soul Food
- Baked with Love
- Gypsy Java
- Burrito Magic
- Gourmet Hangi
- Yeti Thai
- Mussel Madnes
- Volcanic Coffee
- Big Dogs - Hotdogs
Wharewaka Point Reserve