Comp Registrations OPEN
- Senior (45 plus)
- Open Male
- Open Female
- Youth Male (13 to 16yrs)
- Youth Female (13 to 16yrs)
- Child (12yrs and Under)
- Ball Pop Open
Register at the event anytime before midday on Sunday 4th Feb.
Online registrations are now closed.
Anytime Saturday 3rd or Sunday 4th before midday
All day Saturday 3rd or Sunday 4th before 11am (you will need to purchase a Bomb Pass)
Sunday 4th, 11am to 2pm
Sunday 4th, 3pm to 5pm
Straight after the Finals
Check In to collect your competitor’s wristband at the NZ Bomb Comp tent anytime on Saturday or Sunday before midday.
In each division each competitor will do 2x bombs of their choice, these can be completed anytime during the qualifying session. From this the panel of judges will create a short list of competitors to proceed to the finals.
Again each competitor will do 2x bombs of their choice and each division will bomb together i.e. Child's division at 3pm and so on.
Each Bomb will be judged out of 100 points:
- Height of Splash: 60 points
- Style: 20 points
- Volume of splash: 10 points
- Originality: 10 points
- Ball Pop - Maximum height of ball
Over $5000 in cash plus a variety of other prizes, totalling over $10,000.
Open Male: $25
Open Female: $20
Youth Male: $15
Youth Female: $12
Ball Pop: $10
- To secure a place in the Comp it is recommended you register online to make sure your guaranteed a spot.
- Ball Pop competitors to provide their own ball.
- You can enter the Ball Pop as well as another division.
- Semi Finals will be held depending on the number of registered competitors in each division.
- A variety of platform heights will be available.
- The judges decision will be final.
- You can go up a division but not down a division i.e. 14 year old can enter the Open division.
- If you would like to practice your bombing before the competition starts you will need to purchase a Bomb Pass.
NZBC Tower Rules
- If you can’t swim, you can’t bomb.
- Make sure your landing is clear before you bomb.
- Only one bomber at a time.
- No bombing under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Running isn’t cool. Walk only.
- Only bomb from the designated platforms.
- Notify Crew of any medical issues.
- Parents/guardians must supervise their children.
- All participants bomb at their own risk.
- By following these rules you’ll have a great day, if not you can’t bomb.
By bombing off structure you agree not to take any legal action against the organisers, their staff or volunteers, other participants or sponsors in relation to any injury or loss suffered by you as a result of participating, however such loss or injury occurs.